1) Scout Motto:
2) Scout Slogan:
Do a Good Turn Daily.
3) Scout Law:
A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, reverent.
4) The Scout Oath:
On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
And to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.
Within the larger community of the troop, the patrol is a Scout's "family circle." Often made up of boys who are close in age and experience level, each patrol helps its members develop a sense of pride and identity. The boys themselves elect the patrol leader, divide up the jobs to be done, and share in the satisfaction of accepting and fulfilling group responsibilities.
5) The Patrol Method
- Involves groups of six to eight boys each.
- Each patrol elects a leader and has its own identity.
- Leadership changes regularly.
- Enables boys to discover what they're good at and work on skills they need to improve..
6) Association With Adults
- Boys learn by watching adult conduct.
- Scout leaders become positive role models for troops.
- Association with adults accelerates personal growth and the maturity of the boys.
7) Personal Growth
- Scout-age boys experience dramatic physical and emotional growth.
- Scouting helps them channel this change into productive endeavors.
- Scouting helps boys discover their places in the community.
8) Leadership Development
- Leadership skills are learned by doing.
- Every boy fills leadership positions of increasing responsibility.
- Boys learn planning, organization, and decision making.
- Boys learn to be effective leaders and good followers.
- In the Boy-Run Program section of the Troop Meeting segment, you'll see how the senior patrol leader relates to the Scoutmaster while leading the troop through its weekly meetings.
- The Boy Scout uniform gives boys a true sense of belonging to their patrols and troops. When people see a Boy Scout in uniform, they expect someone of good character who is prepared and helpful to those around him. Scoutmasters in full uniform set a good example for their troops and are perceived as community leaders.