The Building Process
A Building Committee (see above) acts on behalf of the congregation and is responsbile for the following: (All these steps have now been completed!)
- Prioritize and list the needs of the church
- Finalize a development plan
- Hire an Architectural/Engineering firm or construction management firm to develop plans and cost estimates for the project including furnishings and projected additional maintenance costs.
- Based on cost estimates, develop a financial plan for total costs including cash, pledges, and borrowed funds.
- Determine the estimated safe debt limit for the church.
- Present Building Committee’s report to Pastor and District Superintendent’s office for approval to proceed.
- Upon written approval of the Building Committee’s report by the D.S., Convene another Church Conference to review the Building Committee report and approve the project.
The following steps are now being addressed.
- Begin Capital Campaign Fund Drive (in process)
- Reconfirm safe debt limit (completed)
- Reconfirm estimated project cost (completed)
- Finalize plans and begin government approvals (in process)
- Obtain bids for project (will be using GMP [Guaranteed Maximum Price approach])
- Convene Church/Charge Conference to review latest detailed data from the Building Committee and seek final approval for the project.